Tips to deal with stress while preparation of the exam !
Exam preparation stress can be dealt through three simple steps:
- What to study?
- How to study?
- When to study?
What to study-There is a pleothra of books and study material available in the market, but one should follow a limited recommended material only. The prescribed material should be practiced atleast 3-4 times in writing, rather than following innumerable material once.
How to study-Without the proper methodology to study and the right approach, efficiency drops and performance suffers. This can be taken care of by the following areas:
- Attitude-Many students take up studies as a big burden which the school and parents have put on them. Understanding that studies are for your own benefit will go a long way in developing a positive attitude towards studies.
- Sound Temperament-Besides subject knowledge, one has to develop sound examination temperament and learn to do smart work by learning problem solving skills.
- Planning-Plan to set short term goals and achieve them for effective studying . Plan in writing as per the number of hours available per day and the number of topics to be covered.
- Exam Orientation-Study only that much syllabus which is required for the exam, no more and no less. Keep the defined syllabus handy and keep ticking the topics as you finish them.
When to study-It is better to study in the morning as the mind is fresh and receptivity is at its best. Late night studies should be avoided as far as possible. Also cut down on the time spent on TV, Computer, Cell Phone.
It is important to be honest with yourself. Always remember hard work never goes waste. Believe in yourself and give your best. Always give the maximum number of Mock Tests possible as it will help you assess and check your weaknesses. These tests will help you build proper examination temperament. Always do every exam, exercise or question under a time limit. Always remember, it is not only important to solve the questions correctly, but also to solve the questions in shortest possible time. Always analyse your performance and find out the areas of improvement, so that you can work upon them in future.
10 ways through which you can fool proof your exam preparation :
- You don’t know where to begin from-Take control and make a list of all the things you have to do and schedule your time accordingly.
- There is so much to study and there is so little time-Preview, plan and organize your studies to focus on the most important topics first and keep progressing further accordingly.
- The topic is so boring, I just don’t feel like studying it-Attack and stay on the offensive. Get actively involved by taking notes and underlining key concepts.
- I read it, I understand it, but I can’t remember it-Use Parting: For eg. Colours in a Spectrum(Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet) have to be memorized in 7 parts, but if we take the first letter of every colour, we can reduce the information to 3 parts i.e. ROY G BIV.
- I think I understand it-If you feel confident about your preparation of any topic, then test yourself to analyse the same.
- There are too many things to remember-Organise by writing outlines or summaries. Group information into categories or flow charts, wherever possible.
- I knew it a minute before and now I have forgotten-Review : After reading a section, try to recall the information. If you have trouble remembering, reread the forgotten portions and then answer the questions based upon it.
- I like to study in bed and at night-Context : Recall is better when study context is similar to the exam context. The greater the similarity between the mental, emotional and physical state during study and during exam, the greater the likelihood of recall.
- Memorising or Cramming before a test helps keep it fresh in my mind-Spacing : Start studying now and keep studying as you go along. Recall increases as study time gets spread out over time.
- I am going to sit until I get this-Avoid mental exhaustion. Take short breaks after a sitting of 2.30-3hrs. Before a test, have a rested mind. Eat well, sleep well and get enough exercises.
Tags : Personal career Counselling | Coaching class for JEE in rohini, Coaching class for JEE in North Delhi, Coaching class for IIT- JEE in Delhi, Classes for IIT- JEE in Punjabi bagh, Coaching class for NEET in Delhi, Medical Entrance exam classes in Rohini, Coaching class for IIT- JEE in Rohini, Coaching class for NEET in North delhi, Best coaching classes for IIT- JEE in Rohini, Foundation course for JEE/NEET in Delhi, Foundation course for JEE/NEET in Rohini, Foundation course for JEE/NEET in Punjabi Bagh, Foundation classes for JEE/NEET in Delhi